Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fernando Alonso Takes the Checkered Flag [Singapore F1]

The much anticipated Signapore Night Race took place just a few days ago in Singapore. This was the world's first ever Forumula 1 race event to take place at night and let me tell you, the lighting was spectacular.

I have recently started taking an interest in F1, owing primarily to my
 good friend Timmy, who seems to know everything about everything. He has been walking me through the basics of F1 racing, the people who make it happen and what to watch out for. I have gained a lot of knowledge about
 this sport, but am a long way from taking a professional interest as I am still amateur as far as the technicalities are concerned.

The sport is intense and if you have a favorite racer, following him and monitoring the opponents is half the fun. Everyone has a unique characteristic that somehow gets exposed on the mind-numbing race track.

For now, I am glad that my favorite racer, the Spaniard Fernando Alonso, is the winner of the Night Race. He is the rawest driver on the track and with very little inhibition about being 100% F1 on the track, Alonso maintains a very strong record as being a threat to the glory of new comer Lewis Hamilton and others like Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa - both of whom drive for Ferrari and lost the race for the team completely. 


Until next time.

No comments:

more reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...