Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A task well overdue

Today is a landmark day for me. I have sorted, compressed and cleaned up about 1.2 gigs of photographs that I have managed to accumulate over the last 4 odd years. I would like to give a big shout out to Canon for making a fantastic, user-friendly and organized camera - The Digital Elph S200 which has been my photo companion sinec '00.

Initially, I had lost most of my pictures because my external harddrive had crashed, but a few months ago, i uncovered most of them on my desktop. I have lost some pictures, but since my camera stopped functioning after december '03, I didn't have many photos but thanks to Hamza T, it is back in action.

This is an FYI to all my college friends...any photos you want, please let me know, I think I have one for every time we were together in some situation or the other.

So this whole process started about a little over a year ago and today I have gone through them all, one-by-one, sorting and organizing like the OCD bitch that I am.

Man...college was a ride. Sometimes I look back and it's like a dream that happened to fast. I remember when I was going to college, I thought to myself...how the fuck am I going to finish 4 years of this?!? It has been a year now and well that time has gone. The cool thing is, however, I have put all my college years in a folder called 2000-2004 and the rest is in My Pictures. It's significant because that is a part of my life I have acknowledged to have occured, but I have left it in the past, sort of like a sub-folder...which it is.

Every step in life we look forward and think about what we will look forward to next and there is always something there. After college it's a job, then marriage, then kids, then retirement, then...my favorite...DEATH!!! Everytime I think of death, I think of the character Death in Family Guy. I wouldn't mind having a guy named death, who looks like the Grim Reaper or is the Grim Reaper, to be my pal. That, by the way, is one helluva show. If you haven't seen it, grab a bootleg copy from Illusions or even download it.

Some more photos to sooth your mind comin up.

No comments:

more reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...